Overlay Scene: Blender Game Engine 2.6
Blender Render and Engine: Blender Game have different menus.
- Info menu >> Engine box >> Blender Game
- This scene will be used as the overlay scene.
- Objects in an overlay scene are displayed in front of objects in
the main scene.
- A HUD (heads-up display) with a health bar and a
weapon reticle is an example of an overlay scene.
- The Engine (Blender Render or Blender Game) has to be set for
each scene added.
- Info menu >> Scene box >> + sign
- Info menu >> Scene box >> New Scene Type: New
Give it a unique name
- For this tutorial, I am naming it HUD
- Info menu >> Scene Text box
Download free seamless game textures or you can create your own seamless game textures. Use reference photos to add realism to the seamless texture you create. Textures let you create the style and mood for your computer game. Textures are a way to add detail and color to 3D graphics. Photo realistic textures add realism. Download free game models for your video game or create your own game models. Use the game models in First Person Shooter, role playing games, racing simulations and more. Download free textures to add detail to your game models. You can use the free game models you downloaded or model your own game models.